One of the oldest towns in South Africa, Riebeek Kasteel’s rich history and serene setting reflects the flair of its artistic residents, making it an attractive weekend destination for local and international visitors. Its close proximity to Cape Town (less than an hour’s drive), makes it a convenient choice for a day trip, too.
The stately Royal Hotel, dating back to the 1800s, drips with colonial grandeur and is the perfect place to enjoy chilled G&Ts on its rambling stoep every evening. If you get there between 5pm and 6pm, you’ll get 50% off your drinks. This G&T happy hour deal runs throughout the Olive Festival.
Five-course dinner R195
It’s also the perfect place to enjoy a leisurely meal, like the amazing five-course dinner deal* for R195!
The menu changes daily, but here is an example of what you can expect:
- beetroot tart with goat’s cheese, anchovies and olive-tapenade dressing
- tempura-sesame calamari with Asian coleslaw, chives and spring onions
- Goan seafood curry with tabbouleh linguini
- chicken ballotine with truffle cream and mustard mash
- Grilled figs with bitter chocolate and coconut mousse
To enjoy this delicious and generous offer, book before 5pm and be seated by 7pm.
*This deal is not applicable during the Olive Festival.
If you’re in Riebeek Kasteel over the weekend of 18 to 21 March, get in on all the action at this food and music fiesta.
Location Riebeek Kasteel
Where to find it Royal Hotel