This lively, quirkily decorated restaurant hardly needs an introduction, suffice to say: if you’re after an interesting selection of good Mexican grub in a festive atmosphere, with friendly and efficient waitrons, there’s no place else. If you’ve never been, its lunchtime specials menu is a good opportunity to try it out:
- ceviche of finely diced fresh linefish, R50
- sweet potato taquitos (a corn tortilla with sweet potato and feta cheese), R40
- roast winter vegetable salad, R55
- Mexican chopped salad, R55
- chicken mole poblano (deboned chicken in a roast tomato and dark chocolate sauce), R85
- carne asada (free-range rib-eye steak and potatoes), R110
- aubergine or chicken quesadillas, R70 or R80
- plated tacos (vegetarian or pork), R80 – R85
- build-your-own taco (pork or chicken), R80 – R90
- churros, R35
Please note: these specials aren’t applicable on public holidays, days when there’s a stadium event, or for sharing.
Date Monday – Friday
Time 12pm – 4pm
Take a look at our favourite Mexican restaurants in Cape Town.