With live ocean exhibitions and a Touch Pool (where kids can get up close with sea anemones), this one-stop destination of all things aquatic is, unsurprisingly, one Cape Town’s premier tourist destinations. But if you’re a local, you qualify for annual membership that allows you unlimited free entry to the aquarium for the year.
Other membership benefits include:
- Invitations to exhibition previews and other special events, such as a behind-the-scenes tour of the aquarium
- Yacht and whale-watching trips, and family sleepovers
- 10% off your bill at Vista Marina, which is adjacent to the Two Oceans Aquarium (Please note: This discount is for breakfast or lunch only.)
- 25% discount to hire the venue for private functions
- 25% off adventure diving in the I&J Predator Exhibit and Ocean Basket Kelp Forest (closed from 17 July 2016 for maintenance)
You can buy your Two Oceans Aquarium Membership online, or at the Aquarium, where you will receive your membership card and kit.
Time 9.30am – 6pm
Cost R324 (adults)
R252 (pensioners, students, 14 – 17 years)
R158 (4 – 13 years)
R207 (au pairs, nannies)
free (under 4 years)
Location V&A Waterfront