Nothing says “escape into nature” like the Karoo – a semidesert landscape bathed in spiritual solitude. The Klein Karoo is separated from the Great Karoo by the Swartberg Mountain Range, and lies in a region that is sufficiently watered to bear lush vegetation (though some portions of it resemble the semidesert terrain that characterises the Karoo). This Africamps location, positioned around a dam on a working ostrich farm, serves as a gateway to this fascinating world.
Good to know This is one of several sites hosted by AfriCamps, a glamping service provider that collaborates with family-run farms and reserves to create luxury camping retreats. Other AfriCamps locations include AfriCamps at Pat Busch Mountain Reserve in Robertson, AfriCamps at Kam’Bati in Swellendam, AfriCamps at Ingwe in Plettenberg Bay, AfriCamps at Stanford Hills in Stanford, and their newest editions: AfriCamps at Mackers, Hazyview (opening in July 2018) and Africamps at Oakhurst in Wilderness (opening in October 2018).
- 12 luxury boutique camping tents, positioned around a big dam
- Each tent has two queen-sized beds and a single bunk bed
- Each tent has a fully equipped kitchen and en-suite bathroom
- Each tent has a braai area and a wood-burning fireplace
- Amenities include air conditioning, electric blankets and wi-fi
- Breakfast and dinner baskets can be delivered to your tent at an additional charge
- Daily lunch options available at the lapa
- A tour of the working ostrich farm
- Karoo safari
- Meerkat encounter
- Hiking trails
- Cango Caves
- Numerous restaurants, including Buffelsdrift Game Lodge restaurant, Nostalgie Restaurant and Karoo Pot
Pet policy Pets are not allowed on the farm, due to the presence of free roaming game.