This picturesque urban park at the V&A Waterfront has been drawing crowds since its opening in November 2018, with a host of attractions that appeal to children and adults alike. And now, music lovers can get into the groove at a series of thumping underground music gigs – the proceeds of which go to a good cause.
Battery Park Underground Series: Fun for a good cause
DJ Retro Rootz
The events take place on the first level of the park’s underground parking lot, where a host of talented DJs will be performing. The lineup for 3 August 2019 is as follows:
- Eazy from Classics/Good Hope FM
- Leighton Moody from We House Sundays
- Kyeezi from Metro FM
- Gremlin from Good Hope FM Mixshow DJ
- Alvhinator from Uppercut
- Ashton Abels from Something Good Sundays
- Retro Rootz from Good Hope FM Mixshow DJ
- Dunn Kidda from Cruel Section
- Tamo from Love All/Cruel Section
- Black Wiz from Bounce Groove Sessions
- Byron Coe from Thirst / Locals Only
- Waggy from Private Affair
Entrance is free
That’s right. All you need in order to gain entrance to the event is to donate a warm item of clothing, blanket or nonperishable food. These will be delivered to three nonprofit organisations: Melela 4 Children, The Homestead Project for street children, and Ladles of Love (a volunteer-run soup kitchen).
Food and drinks are available for purchase, and the money raised from these sales will also be divided between the three charities mentioned above.
Aside from the live music, there are a host of other activities to keep adults and children entertained, including:
- Havaianas flip-flops and sunglasses activation
- Sneaker Lab stand, where you can customise your own sneakers (and have them cleaned)
- Graffiti paint-off
- Free wi-fi, so you can take photos of your customised sneakers and show them off to your friends