Convivium is back with an impressive showcase of food, chefs and producers – and this year everyone’s welcome. The brainchild of two friends – chef Wesley Randles and butcher boy Andy Fenner, Convivium is all about bringing together people who are passionate about food to share ideas and knowledge, and inspire one another. The 2018 edition is a one-day-only event where guests can expect exciting talks, fun workshops, forage walks and interactive tastings.
Cool, calm, Kalmoesfontein
Kalmoesfontein, a wine farm near Malmesbury, is the venue for this year’s festival, chosen for its unpretentious and earthy vibe. As it’s a strictly non-profit event, suppliers have generously donated all produce, with proceeds going to charities and used as industry investments.
Mind the gap
One of the main aims of the festival is to narrow the gap between the food we eat (the end product) and the earth and animals (the source). As such, the chefs and producers will endeavour to demonstrate how cooking is about collaboration, inspiration and connecting with the food. And that the enjoyment is derived both during preparation and eating.
It’s sold out, but there are 10 free tickets to be won!
Calling all food enthusiasts and aspiring chefs! The organisers of this year’s event are offering 10 passionate foodies the chance to experience all the culinary wonders Convivium has to offer free of charge! That’s right, 10 lucky foodies will get the amazing opportunity to learn all about the industry, and gain tips from the best in the business. Simply email the organisers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like with previous events, at this year’s festival attendees will get the chance to mingle with some of the best chefs and names in the business, including:
- Chris Erasmus (Foliage)
- Luke Dale-Roberts (The Test Kitchen)
- Christiaan Campbell (The Werf Restaurant at Boschendal)
- Giles Edwards (La Téte)
- Ivor Jones (Chefs Warehouse at Beau Constantia)
- Jess Shepherd (The Table at De Meye)
- Michael Cooke (Camphors at Vergelegen)
- Michelle Theron (Pierneef å La Motte)
- Neil Rankin (Temper, London)
- PJ Vadas (Hoghouse Brewing Company)
- Ryan Cole (The Test Kitchen)
- Wesley Randles (The Shortmarket Club)
- Christian F Puglisi (Relæ, Copenhagen)
- Justin Williams (The Mushroom Forager)
- Andy Fenner (Frankie Fenner Meat Merchants)
- Jason Lilley (Jason Bakery)
With only a few tickets left, be sure to snag yours soon, and let’s eat, drink and be convivial.