It’s Heritage Month – which means free entry to many of our SANParks (10 –15 September 2018) and several Iziko Museums (24 – 30 September 2018).
SANPARKS NATIONAL PARKS WEEK
From 10 to 15 September 2018, SANParks is permitting free entry to 19 of its national parks. In the Western Cape, entry to the following parks is free:
- Agulhas National Park (10 – 15 September)
- Bontebok National Park (10 – 15 September)
- Garden Route National Park (10 – 15 September)
- Karoo National Park (10 – 14 September, first 100 visitors per day receive free access on Saturday, 15 September and Sunday, 16 September)
- Table Mountain National Park (10 – 15 September, includes: Cape Point, Cape of Good Hope, Silvermine, Table Mountain, Signal Hill and Lion’s Head – excludes Boulders Penguin Colony and Table Mountain Aerial Cableway)
- Tankwa Karoo National Park (10 –15 September 2018)
- West Coast National Park (10 – 14 September 2018)
Please note You must present your SA ID as proof of citizenship. Also, the following is excluded from this free offer: accommodation facilities, commercial activities (such as guided walks or safaris) and Table Mountain Aerial Cableway, Boulders Penguin Colony and the Cape Agulhas Lighthouse.
Cape Point special offer
Since getting to Cape Point is not easy, SANParks has partnered with Metrorail and HGTS Tours to offer some special packages that will make it easier for you to reach your destination.
These packages include train fare from Cape Town Station and return shuttle transport to Cape Point, as well as entry into Cape Point Reserve for all South African citizens (with a valid ID.)
The packages are as follows:
R150 (adults) 11 – 15 September 2018
R100 (students) 12 – 14 September 2018 (don’t forget your student card)
R100 (senior citizens) 11 September 2018
Enquire about the Family Package at the Cape Point Office
Free entry to Iziko Museums
As always, Iziko is offering free entry into its museums on Heritage Day: 24 September 2018 (entry into the Planetarium and Digital Dome is half-price on Heritage Day only.)
Furthermore, Iziko is hosting the annual In_Herit Festival from 24 – 30 September 2018, during which entry to the following museums is free:
- South African Museum
- South African National Gallery
- Slave Lodge
- Bo-Kaap Museum
- Koopmans-De Wet House
- Maritime Centre
- Rust & Vreugd
Free entry to Zeitz MOCAA
On 23 September the entire Silo District will come to life – with several events and activations providing a carnival-like atmosphere to celebrate Heritage Month 2018. To join the festivities, Zeitz MOCAA will be open until 9pm, with half-price admission from 6pm onwards.
And, on Heritage Day (24 September 2018), Zeitz MOCAA is offering free admission for everyone from 10am to 6pm.
Throughout the week, the Iziko Mobile Museum, or Museum Without Walls, will be taking history to the people when it visits disadvantaged communities during Heritage Week.