Mother’s Day is around the corner, and with it comes the opportunity to celebrate the matriarch(s) in your life. And where better to do so than at this picturesque wine farm in the Paarl Winelands.
Nederburg’s historic 19th-century manor house is once again hosting a sumptuous Sunday lunch to celebrate Mother’s Day, accompanied by red wines from the winery’s acclaimed range. Situated in view of lush lawns and vineyards, it’s a venue with grandeur to match the importance of the event.
Mother’s Day at Nederburg
The Red Table restaurant is serving a hearty à la carte feast, prepared by chef Lisa Cilliers and her team. The menu is a delicious mix of diverse cultural influences, and includes dishes such as:
- lentil samoosas served with date chutney
- green bean, avocado and bocconcini baby-leaf salad topped with poached egg, toasted almonds and light lemon dressing
lentil samoosas served with date chutney
- slaphakskeentjie (cooked onion salad) tarte tatin with chevin cream
- biltong-crusted beef fillet with potato boulangère, flashed garden vegetables and chimichurri sauce
- pork belly with braised red cabbage and green apple with sweet potato croquettes
- grilled duck breast with carrot and potato purée, broccoli and apricot citrus jus
- chocolate fondant served with vanilla ice cream
- baked cheesecake with berry compote
Each course may be paired with Nederburg wines.
While you’re here, be sure to take advantage of some of the farm’s wonderful experiences, such as:
- The sweet wines and confectionary pairing (R65), available at the Visitors’ Centre, a short walk from the manor house.
- A variety of wine tastings, including cheese and wine, ice cream and wine, and kids’ pairings, also available at The Visitors’ Centre
- A glimpse into the wine farm’s illustrious history, dating back to 1791, with an informative guided tour of the state-of-the art cellar and other points of interest, such as the manor house and Old Cellar Museum (cellar tours need to be booked in advance)
Primely positioned just outside of Paarl, the farm’s captivating views of the Drakenstein mountains, verdant vineyards and pretty gardens make for a memorable trip to the Winelands, and an ideal venue to celebrate the special woman in your life.