In the build-up to Father’s Day, the illustrious Paarl estate is hosting a weeklong celebration filled with the perfect accompaniments for winter in the Winelands: venison and shiraz!
As the name suggests, Nederburg’s Seven Days of Shiraz & Venison runs for a week – starting on Tuesday, 11 June and culminating on Father’s Day (Sunday, 16 June). The historic manor house, where the Red Table Restaurant is situated, is the venue, with the magnificent beauty of the Cape Winelands providing a fitting backdrop.
Shiraz & Venison Week 2019 at Nederburg Wine Farm
The hearty feast is the perfect winter warmer: three comforting courses for R395, with each course priced individually should you not opt for the full set menu.
- Starter springbok gravlax served on a blini (Russian pancake) with shiraz-infused blueberry compote and crème fraîche
- Main course springbok loin with sweet-potato gnocchi, roasted root vegetables and shiraz jus, accompanied by Nederburg’s velvety soft Manor House Shiraz 2016
- Dessert red wine and dark chocolate cake with shiraz-poached pear
The set menu costs R395, but should you only choose one or two courses, each is priced individually: R115 (starter), R225 (main course) and R95 (dessert).
This special offer is available from 11 to 16 June, and we recommend booking ahead, especially if you wish to attend on Father’s Day.
Good to know From 10 to 16 June, Nederburg’s Visitor’s Centre, a short walk from the manor house, is offering complimentary tastings of Nederburg’s Winemasters Shiraz 2017 and Manor House Shiraz 2016, accompanied by a serving of cubes of dark chocolate marquise with Turkish delight rubies.
While you’re here, be sure to take advantage of some of the farm’s wonderful experiences, such as:
- The sweet wines and confectionary pairing (R65), available at the Visitors’ Centre, a short walk from the manor house.
- A variety of wine tastings, including cheese and wine, ice cream and wine, and kids’ pairings, also available at The Visitors’ Centre.
- A glimpse into the wine farm’s illustrious history, dating back to 1791, with an informative guided tour of the state-of-the art cellar and other points of interest, such as the manor house and Old Cellar Museum (cellar tours need to be booked in advance).
Primely positioned just outside of Paarl, the farm’s captivating views of the Drakenstein mountains, verdant vineyards and pretty gardens make for a memorable trip to the Winelands, and an ideal venue to celebrate any special occasion.
Nederburg Wine Farm
021 877 5155, firstname.lastname@example.org (The Red Table restaurant)
021 862 3104, email@example.com (Visitors’ Centre)