Reminiscent of a Viennese salon, this café-patisserie in Sea Point is known for its heavenly coffee, patisserie, haute comfort food and plush vintage-inspired interiors, all of which leave a lasting impression. (We love the waitstaff’s three-piece linen outfits and the customised Around The World in Eighty Days-inspired art.)
But that’s not all. While its cafe is closed for sit-down meals, the Coco Safar is busy creating an array of hearty meals, comfort sides and decadent desserts, available for collection from the shop’s retail counter in Sea Point.
Café favourites at home
Coco Safar’s new café takeaway menu can be ordered as single or family-size portions, where you can enjoy a full spread of artisanal bread, delicious mains, extra sides and sweet endings for the whole family.
The single-portion options are listed below (family options are available on their website).
- Texas-inspired oak-smoked Angus beef brisket. The premium Angus beef brisket is smoked for eight hours using an oak that produces a fragrant, tender and juicy brisket. Using a traditional southern-Texas smoking method with a secret Coco Safar twist, the meat has just the right amount of substance, moisture and flavour. Paired with a Comfort or Haute side, and you have the perfect spread for a delicious chilly night in – or a sublime Sunday lunch with the whole family!
- Quebec-inspired maple-rosemary roasted chicken rubbed with fresh rosemary and homemade maple butter (imported from Quebec), and a secret Coco Safar touch.
Comfort sides to choose from:
- triple-cooked herb fries
- creamy truffle polenta
- basmati rice
Haute sides to choose from:
- potato and butternut purée topped with sourdough crumbs
- soft and fluffy carrot soufflé
- minted green bean and slap pea salad with homemade lemon-mustard dressing
- pickled seasonal vegetables with turmeric, buchu, star anise and cinnamon
- apple guava cobbler
- cafe mocha cheesecake
- mini cafe mocha cheesecake
- key lime pie
- mini key lime pie
Good to know You also collect your meals after work or on a Sunday just before lunch, freshly prepared and ready to enjoy. Simply let the restaurant know 15 minutes in advance so that your meals are warm and readily prepared for your enjoyment.
Does your restaurant offer delivery or takeaway during lockdown? We and our readers would love to know about it. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org