Take a break from the kitchen, and still enjoy the benefits of home cooking, with these delicious – and deliverable – frozen meals.
If, like us, you’re tired of round-the-clock cooking – or simply don’t have the time or energy to contemplate the day’s menu – there’s a light at the end of the tunnel! And it goes by the name of My Food Fairy, a local company that lovingly prepares wholesome and delicious frozen meals for delivery to your door.
Each of the goodness-packed dishes is made using the finest, hand-sourced local produce and free-range meat, and simply needs to be defrosted and heated, or cooked directly from frozen. It doesn’t get easier (or tastier) than that!
In addition to classic comfort food and kids’ meals, they also produce an extensive range of vegan, dairy- and gluten-free options, desserts, and more – all available online for delivery to your door, or collection at their Sea Point kitchen. (Please note: delivery is within 24 hours of placing your order, whenever possible.)
Vegan + gluten-free
All dietary requirements have been considered by your food-fairy godmothers, with a vast selection of delectable dishes for vegans, vegetarians and those with dairy and gluten intolerances. We’re talking Princess Veg Tagine, Aromatic Aloo Gobi, Remarkable Veg Rogan Josh, Posh Veg Cottage Pie, Simply Delightful Vegetable or Beef Lasagne, Melanzane alla Parmigiana, and Thai red or green vegetable curry – to name a few.
Home Bao: frozen dumplings + more
Lovers of Asian cuisine will be in their element with the Taiwanese-style dumplings and potstickers that take 10 minutes to prepare! The latest freezer must-have, these restaurant-quality dumplings come in an array of flavours: vegan, prawn, pork or a mixed selection of all three for a signature flavour-bursting experience that will transport you to the streets of Taipei.
Delivered frozen, you simply pop them in a pan or pot of boiling water (no need to defrost), follow the cooking instructions included, and you have a delicious and nutrient-dense meal – free of MSG, colourants and preservatives! They even come with a complimentary flavour pack to create your perfect dipping sauce.
Good to know
- You can collect from their store in Salt River (First Floor, 37 Durham Avenue, Salt River).
- Try their latest invention, where you make your own fluffy, pillowy bao bun at home.
A winning combo
Keep an eye on the ever-changing specials and value combos, designed to take the schlep out of healthy meals. Choose from exciting winter and weekend specials, curry nights (vegetarian options included), three-course deals, gift hampers, kids’ meals and five-day weekly dinner plans. Your little ones will enjoy tucking into the Kings and Queens Chicken, for example. They even have a dedicated option for parents of newborns!
Other frozen favourites
- chicken dishes such as Enchanting Balti Chicken Curry, hearty Oh My Chicken Pie, chicken à la king, zesty lemon chicken, and smokey chicken breast with toasted almonds
- beef, ostrich and lamb dishes, such as Beef and Ale Cauldron Casserole, Mamma Mia Meatballs, lamb tagine and Posh Cottage Pie
- fish dishes such as zesty fish cakes and Pixie Fish Pie
- sides such as regular or chipotle hummus, cauliflower rice and brown or wild rice
- desserts such as Fabled Malva Pudding, Regal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar, Mystical Chocolate Roulade, Stardust Rose and Pistachio Cake, as well as Enchanted Apple Pie
We’re filling up our virtual baskets as we type!
Want to know what else is happening in Cape Town? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and be the first to know.