If you haven’t yet been to the City Bowl Market on Hope, add it to your market meander. This weekly food fair happens on Thursday evenings and is a veritable feast of homemade grub, craft beer and good wine.
The Wine Market is what grabbed our attention… largely because wine-tasting in the city centre is always fun, plus the market’s two wine traders offer organic wines (read: no hangover!). For a small price, you can acquire a tasting glass with nine tastings from the participating vendors, after which you get a free glass of wine of your choice.
Live music performances take place between 6.30pm and 8.30pm, adding to the vibrant atmosphere and providing exciting local talent with an opportunity to shine.
Stand-out traders include:
- Ramen Noodles, Hummus falafel, Delicious African dishes and Italian food
- Empanadas mini pies
- Davy Croquettes, offering homemade tapas style croquettes
- La Petite Moo Brownies
- Beer on Tap
- Delicious fruit juices
- Lisa’s Lush Salads
- Mr. Fresh, offering fresh fruit & vegetables
- The Diner Hamburgers & Hotdogs
- Durban’s Finest Curry
- The Biltong stand, selling various flavours, chilli beef and droe wors
- The Mac Cheese factory
- The Gluten, offering gluten-free chocolate brownies and cakes
- The Secret Pot, offering pancakes filled with Nutella chocolate
- Clothing, jeweller and leather handbags
- The Soap Chef, selling special handmade soaps and body lotions