The Grand Daddy Boutique Hotel’s old-school style Pink Flamingo Rooftop Cinema will surely cure any Monday blues.
Its unique outdoor set-up makes for a fun, colourful and cosy way to celebrate some silver-screen classics – Top Gun, Shawshank Redemption, Moulin Rouge and A Beautiful Mind, to name a few.
Old school vibes
This rooftop cinema has a decidedly old-school bioscope feel, kind of like a drive-in – the only difference is its fabulous location, at the only rooftop trailer-park hotel in the city.
Snuggle up for your movie (R125 per ticket) among the seven vintage Airstream trailers on the Grand Daddy’s rooftop, in one of the three seating options: general; the loveseat, or the couch.
Included in your ticket is a welcome drink, bag of sweets and, of course, some popcorn – and, for an additional price, you can add a delicious picnic basket to your movie experience.
Meat (R120) and vegetarian (R130) picnic options are offered, and each basket serves two people. Baskets include: samoosas, spring rolls, crumbed chicken or halloumi fingers (vegetarian), skinny fries, and dipping sauces. (Halaal picnics are also available on request.)
Please note: Picnic orders must be placed when you book your tickets, not upon arrival for the movie, to give the staff time to prepare and package your hamper.
Diarise these dates for upcoming Pink Flamingo Rooftop Mondays
- 14 August 2017 – No Good Deed (2014)
- 21 August 2017 – Leap Year (2010)
- 28 August 2017 – Something New (2006)
- 4 September 2017 – American Sniper (2014)
- 11 September 2017 – Baggage Claim (2013)
- 18 September 2017 – Law Abiding Citizen (2009)
- 25 September 2017 – The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003)
- 2 October 2017 – Minions (2015)
- 9 October 2017 – The Gods Must Be Crazy (1980)
- 16 October 2017 – Now You See Me (2013)
- 23 October 2017 – All About Steve (2009)
- 30 October 2017 – 27 Dresses (2008)
Dress warmly, especially on cooler nights – and, in the event of bad weather, please check ahead with the hotel to make sure the movie is still going to be screened.
Movies start at 6.30pm but arrive early to reserve your seats and enjoy your welcome drink.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the our newsletter to find out about the latest hidden gems.