Zeitz Mocaa? Check. Table Mountain? Check. Robben Island? Check. As unashamedly touristy as these things are, they also happen to be essential facets of the Mother City’s rich and colourful tapestry. And, actually, if you were a tourist in the Mother City, you’d be missing out on a memorable and enriching experience by not enjoying at least some of these bucket-list moments.
The recently launched floating restaurant is another of these experiences. A first of its kind in Cape Town, The Alba is a restaurant boat that serves brunch, lunch, sunset canapés, high tea and even dinners on the water while cruising around the V&A Waterfront.
Designed to ensure a smooth-sailing environment (so guests can enjoy their meal without too many ups and downs), the two-hour cruise takes guests around the yacht basin and dock areas on either side of the Clock Tower walking bridge. And because the vessel is encased in floor-to-ceiling glass windows, guests are privy to spectacular ocean views, and even the occasional friendly seal popping its head up to say hello!
An all-occasions friend
The comfortable interior is available to book on a per-table basis, or can be rented out for exclusive-used functions, with capacity for 72 seated guests or 100 people standing.
It’s also completely undercover, which ensures that come rain or shine the boat makes its rounds.
Choose your cruise
The boat offers five different options, each with their own menu, to suit any occasion at any time of day:
- The Bubbly Brunch Cruise starts at 10am, and offers hot and cold breakfast options with a side of bottomless bubbly
- The Lunch Cruise boards at 1pm, and offers a three-course meal with a wine pairing and bubbly on arrival
- The Dinner Cruise boards at 7pm, and features a three-course menu with a wine pairing and bubbly on arrival
- The Afternoon Cocktail Cruise boards at 4pm (weekdays and Sundays), and offers a four-course canapé menu with wine and cocktails
- The High Tea Cruise boards at 4pm (Saturdays only), and offers an array of sweet and savoury bites with coffee, tea and bubbly
Friendly waitresses are on hand to ensure all your dining needs are taken care of; all you need to do is sit back – glass of bubbly in hand – and take in the sights and sounds of the harbour, while enjoying your meal.