Steeped in history; equipped with modern luxuries.
The rolling meadows of the Stellenbosch Winelands is the setting for this elegant Cape Dutch homestead, restored and renovated by the owners of Hazendal Wine Estate to serve as a luxurious getaway for a family or group of friends.
The historical architecture transports guests through history, while offering a grand setting from which to enjoy the tranquillity of the Stellenbosch Winelands, as well as the numerous attractions on offer at Hazendal Wine Estate.
The exclusive-use homestead sleeps 10 adults across five luxurious bedrooms (named after all of Hazendal’s previous owners), and includes a dining hall, two private balconies, a library, a bridal lounge, and a terrace overlooking the lush garden.
Add to that exquisite interior decor and artwork, the services of a dedicated butler and concierge desk, and you have all you need for an authentic taste of country life. Your stay also includes a Continental breakfast prepared by a private chef and served at The Homestead, a stocked pantry, a wine-tasting experience (of Hazendal’s premium wines), free entry to Wonderdal (for children 5 to 13 years); and a tour by the Marvol Art Gallery.
- The Voloshin Room king-sized bed with en-suite bath and shower and a view of The Werf.
- The Bosman Room king-sized bed with shower and a garden view of the garden.
- The Van As Room queen-sized bed with en-suite bath and shower and a view of the historical cellar.
- The Hazenwinkel Room queen-sized bed with en-suite bath and shower and a view of the Glass House.
- The Vermaak Room queen-sized bed with en-suite bath and shower and a view of the Glass House.
- Continental breakfast prepared by private chef and served at the homestead.
- dining hall
- two private balconies
- bridal lounge
- garden terrace
- uncapped complimentary wifi
- free wine-tasting experience
- free entry to Wonderdal for children 5 to 13 years
- free art tour by the Marvol Art Gallery
- stocked pantry
While you’re there…
Hazendal Wine Estate wonderfully combines the beauty of the Cape Winelands with a distinctly Russian flavour, courtesy of Russian-born Dr Mark Voloshin who owns it. Pleasurable pursuits include the Babushka Deli (that also offers picnics), Pivnushka Beer Garden, Russian High Tea, the Wine Tasting Lounge, and tours of the estate’s art gallery.
The estate also is home to Wonderdal Edutainment Centre, a one-of-a-kind fully supervised kids’ edutainment centre, where kids learn through play, while adults enjoy the estate’s sensory indulgences.
Close to Cape Town, yet discreetly tucked away from it all, The Homestead at Hazendal beckons with its combination of luxury, seclusion and immersive experiences.
Distance from CT 30 minutes
Child friendly? Yes
Pet friendly? No
Launch special From R19 950 per night (sleeps 10, minimum two nights’ stay; valid until end-June 2021)
Normal rates From R36 000 per night (sleeps 10, depending on season)
Where to find it Hazendal Wine Estate, Bottelary Road, Stellenbosch
Discover all of the Cape’s hidden gems – subscribe to our weekly newsletter.