A whimsical location for pure enjoyment.
This grand property in Central Plettenberg Bay will have you at “sweeping staircase”. And then the views will snatch your breath away. An Italianate multi-level home, complete with pillars and cornicing, shuttered windows and high-vaulted ceilings dressed in sparkling chandeliers, it’s filled with artworks and heirloom furnishings. It may be “regal” by name and appearance, but it’s charmingly relaxed by nature.
This is your playground
Climb that staircase (it’s on the outside of the house) and you’re on the mezzanine level – gazing down a mansion-like great hall, with enough space to fit a 14-seater dining table and a spacious lounge arranged for conversation and card games beside the fireplace. Doors open onto a lantern-lit terrace as generously furnished as indoors, with sofas, armchairs and another dining table (this time with less formal bench seating). Just beyond beckons the garden and sparkling blue pool, with striped umbrellas and loungers, and the wide open sea.
Rooms with a view
Each of the bedrooms is a private cocoon of luxury. One has its own fully furnished, enclosed balcony lounge with a fireplace; one leads into a small garden with a hammock; another has a private outdoor shower. The magnificent master suite sits alone at the top of the house, with its own lounge and view-drenched balcony. Off the pool courtyard-garden, there’s also a separate flatlet (perfect for teens) with its own TV lounge and kitchen/dining facilities.
With its abundance of gathering spots, Lookout Regal is ideally suited to a group of adults coming together for a holiday or celebration. From alfresco meals and lazing by the pool to stunning sundowners and late-night chats around the firepit, it’s all about relaxing together in a special place. The house and watery views conjure up a stay on Lake Como, except you’re on the sunny shores of the Indian Ocean, with all of the Garden Route’s attractions awaiting you…
- master suite with king bed, walk-in closet and open bathroom (bath and shower)
- 3 bedrooms with king beds (each with own bathroom with shower)
- 2 bedrooms in flatlet (2 single beds, 2 queen) sharing 1 bathroom (with shower)
- open-plan main living and dining room, plus 2 extra lounges
- terrace lounge and dining area
- enclosed sunroom with table
- fully equipped kitchen with two ovens and separate cold room
- built-in gas braai on patio, plus Weber and firepit
- swimming pool with loungers and umbrellas
- docking stations + 3 flatscreen TVs with DStv
- 2 fireplaces and underfloor heating throughout
- air-conditioning (master suite)
Things to do
- swim in the pool or sea
- 3 beaches close by – Lookout, Hobie and Central Beach
- visit Whale Tail Lookout Point and Keurbooms bird sanctuary nearby
- guided sea kayaking (from Hobie Beach)
- restaurants, bars and cafés in the neighbourhood
- Plett wine route
- Robberg hiking trails
Good to know A cleaning service and chef/catering can be arranged.
Child friendly? Yes (but there is no pool safety net)
Pet friendly? No
Cost From R13 000 per day
Rates for 1 December – 15 January on request
Where to find it Harding Street, The Lookout, Plettenberg Bay, Garden Route
MAKE A RESERVATION
Discover all of the Cape’s hidden gems – subscribe to our weekly newsletter.