Slick in the city.
One look at the slick, up-to-the-minute interiors and carefully-thought-out array of facilities at this hot innercity hotel, it’s hard to believe it was once a commercial foundry (the first ever) dating back to 1876.
An eclectic mix of old-world sophistication and modern style, Old Foundry Hotel (the flagship spot of Ideas Cartel) is home to 24 beautifully dressed rooms, as well as a gym, restaurant, co-working spaces and even a Golf Simulator! Located in the heart of De Waterkant, it’s central location is hard to beat.
Hand-picked antique furniture, decorative tiling and local artworks give the rooms a designer edge, with kitchenettes enabling guests to enjoy light meals in their rooms (Master Suites have fully equipped kitchens).
- 24 rooms divided into Bijou Rooms, Studio Rooms and Master Suites
- king-size bed
- en-suite bathroom with a walk-in shower (freestanding bathtub in Master suites)
- fully equipped kitchen (in Master Suites only)
- small lounge and workspace
- large smart TV
- digital concierge in each room
- stocked minibar
- tea-and coffee-making facilities
- air conditioning
- complimentary wifi
- laundry and housekeeping services
- Misfits Restaurant for light meals and beverages
While you’re there
Guests are welcome to make use of all members’ lounges and bars in this hotel, and across all Ideas Cartel properties in the innercity, including the rooftop bar and pool at Cartel House on Loop Street.
Those looking for some physical exercise can head to the resident gym, or try their hand at the Golf Simulator.
Win when you book a room
Book a two-night stay via the link below (using the code #CAPETOWNSUMMER) before 30 November 2021 and stand the chance to win the following prizes worth more than R100 000.
- R50 000 cash prize
- hopper tour for two with NAC Helicopters Cape Town
- overnight stay for two at Pearl Valley Hotel (includes breakfast)
- one-day tour with the Surfing Sommelier
- SUP with penguins or a surfing lesson, followed by an afternoon of wine-tasting in the Constantia Valley
- two-night stay for two at The Last Word Constantia
- Anthonij Rupert wine-tasting, a visit to the Franschhoek Motor Museum and a high tea experience for 4
- a case of L’Ormarins Cap Classique Wines
- gin-crafting experience at the Inverroche Gin Academy at Misfits for 12 guests
- a four-ball session on the Golf Simulator at Pebble Beach
Distance from CT 5 minutes
Child friendly? Yes
Pet friendly? Yes
Wifi? Yes, free
Sleeps 2 per room
Cost From R1 332 per room per night (depending on season and room type)
Where to find it Ideas Cartel, The Old Foundry, 1 Sand Hill Road, Cape Town
CHECK AVAILABILITY + BOOK DIRECT
Discover all of the Cape’s hidden gems – subscribe to our weekly newsletter.