Beachfront bliss on the edge of Walker Bay.
Boasting the enchanting natural beauty of 220 hectares of pristine coastal land, Romansbaai Beach and Fynbos Estate optimises its coveted north-facing location along South Africa’s magnificent southern shores. Tucked in this inimitable setting, Pure Sea Beachfront Boutique Lodge offers casual comfort and laidback simplicity – with four expansive suites opening onto the most glorious ocean views, and continuously connecting guests with the sights and sounds of their surroundings.
Finding inspiration in nature, Pure Sea’s stylish ecofriendly suites have been specially designed to mirror the textures and tones outside. The elegantly appointed rooms – Khoi, San, Olokun, and Namaka – double as spaces of healing. With pathways winding their way from the suites and communal areas, the sea and hiking trails are always a stone’s throw away.
Pure Sea’s philosophy of slowing down to the rhythms of nature includes embracing the healing energy of the elements, and discovering the restorative beauty of Romansbaai at your own pace. From being spellbound as resident zebra, springbok, and bontebok shyly emerge from the bush, to easing into highly intuitive treatments. Here, wellness also encompasses the freedom to enjoy kilometres of unfiltered ocean views all by yourself. No stone is left unturned to transform stays into deeply personalised experiences – think scrumptious private beach picnics and romantic terrace tapas with moreish platters a deux. A wood-fired hot tub in a magical fynbos setting makes for languid afternoons of unwinding, and being awed as the fading sun sets ocean, veld and sky alight.
- four suites with king-size beds
- ensuite bathrooms with freestanding bath, rain shower and organic skincare products
- open-plan living area with sofa and small dining table
- hidden TV and bluetooth speaker
- beach bag with organic cotton towels and binoculars
- kitchen with bar fridge, Nespresso coffee maker, Kangenwater dispenser and dishwasher
- laundry area with washing machine and tumble dryer
- sliding doors onto a verandah with hanging chair, loungers and dining table
- swimming pool and wood-fired hot tub
- breakfast included
Things to do
- spa treatments on-site
- hot tub with tapas and bubbles
- beach walks
- boating and sailing
- horse-riding and mountain-biking
- picnics on the beach
- whale-watching (in season) and big 5 marine safaris in Gansbaai
- wine farms in the area
- restaurants, boutiques and galleries in nearby Stanford
Child friendly? No
Pet friendly? No
Cost From R7 900 per room (sleeps 2)
Where to find it Romansbaai Beach & Fynbos Estate, Gansbaai
Discover all of the Cape’s hidden gems – subscribe to our weekly newsletter.