Farm-fresh food, plus loads of fun activities and a festive atmosphere await at this family-friendly festival in the Durbanville Wine Valley.
This year, the 13th ever-popular Durbanville Plaasfees (Farm Festival) makes its way to Meerendal Wine Estate for the first time. As always, it promises to be a day of country fun for the whole family, as guests celebrate the sights, sounds and flavours of farm life.
Festival activities for all
Being on a farm, the day is naturally centred on good old country-style fun and entertainment. Some of the activities on offer include:
- Magician Regardt Laubscher
- hedgehogs, tarantulas, whippets
- raptor and snake demos
- draadkar grand prix wire-cart competition (the best selfmade, creatively decorated vehicle that completes the race with four wheels on the ground wins a prize)
- stalls selling honest-to-goodness farm food, including pancakes and jaffles; roast beef and mutton; brownies and bazaar pudding; freshly baked bread; and traditional favourites like roosterkoek (bread cooked over a braai grid)
- farm shop
- Builders Trade Fair
- King Price Insurance spinning wheel for entry to the Cash Cube
There’ll be live music to enhance the atmosphere, courtesy of Tasché – the youngest winner of The Voice SA – plus well-known local artists, Cobus and Christo. A Lollos & Lettie children’s show and the Lekkerland entertainment area is bound to keep the little ones busy.
If you’re looking for a glimpse into the idyllic farm life, head to this family-friendly farm festival in Durbanville!
Good to know The Durbanville Plaasfees is more than just fun in the sun; it also serves as an important fundraiser for community development in the broader Durbanville area.
Please note No pets allowed.
Guests may not bring their own alcohol or picnic baskets.