It’s summer, and time to focus on the straight-up fun stuff, like Up the Creek 2020 music festival. This outdoor music festival is celebrating three decades of top bands and the best vibe this side of the equator. And if you needed any more convincing, here are five good reasons why you need to attend its 30-year reunion…
1. Up The Creek is going back to where it all began at the awesome Felix Unite camp just outside Swellendam, on the banks of the Breede River. It includes four rad campsites, indoor hot showers, outdoor showers, flushable toilets and plenty of portable toilets. If you can’t bear the idea of a tent, you can rock out in comfort with the glamping options at Heartbreak Motel too.
2. The festival takes place along the blissful Breede River (with dedicated lifeguards all weekend) so you can grab your inflatable croc, orca or flamingo and float the day away with your mates, with cool tunes in the background.
3. Tickets are limited to only 2 500 Creekers, guaranteeing a more intimate festival, shorter queues for all the great food and drinks on offer (and for the loos), plus more space for your lilo in the river.
4. Over 50 bands will rock you over four days across four stages. Half the lineup has been announced, including Francois van Coke, The Kiffness, Wonderboom, Shortstraw, and Hot Water and new acts (get ready for some major throwbacks) will be announced in December and January. You won’t be disappointed.
5. A guaranteed vibe all weekend.
Up The Creek Music Festival
13.1 km after Felix Unite River Adventures