For the sixth year, Wolfkop Weekender is hosting its laidback summer event on the banks of the Olifants River, with lilos in every shape, colour and size floating down the river. Lilo River Flow takes place from 16 to 20 January at Wolfkop Camping Villages, and offers a sizzling lineup of electronic beats.
Down by the river
The jam-packed lineup of music includes a warm-up on Thursday evening at the boma, two full days and nights of music on the riverbanks and the much talked-about afterparty on Sunday night back in the boma. For lovers of top-drawer electronic music (and nature), this is sure to be a treat.
The headline acts include:
- Pional Hailing from Madrid, Spain, Pional has been in high demand from the electronic music scene of South Africa. A multi-instrumentalist, vocalist, DJ, composer and producer, Pional is one of Spain’s best underground electronic performers. This will be his first time performing on local soil.
- Floyd Lavine With one foot in South Africa and the other in Berlin, Lavine’s music is deeply rooted in Africa rhythms which he brings to the international electronic music scene via his RISE event and record label. One of our local exports to keep watching!
Here is the full lineup of performers:
- Abstract Method
- Aero Manyelo
- Blanka Mazimela
- Bruno Morphet
- Craig Placid
- The Fogshow
- James Kameran
- Lola Haro
- Mac Motel
- Mike Kennedy
- Mr Joe
- Thor Rixon
- Valve State
When you’re not floating on a lilo surrounded by like-minded music lovers, festival-goers can also take part in other outdoor activities such as:
- morning yoga classes
- sound journey meditation
- 2km walking trail around the venue
- decadent high tea on Saturday
- kayaking and swimming
Stay the night
Wolfkop’s collection of campsites are situated on the banks of the Olifants River and offer an abundant camping experience in nature.
There are three different campsites: Berry Fields, Golden Valley and Lost Valley – and various ticketing tiers available to suit your budget. A BYO ticket includes a festival pass, and four nights’ accommodation – just bring your own camping gear and bedding.
For an additional cost, you can secure a spot in one of several pre-erected tent options (which include mattresses or mattresses and bedding). Luxury bell tents are available for those looking for a special experience – there’s even a top-up option to add a mini-fridge, director chairs, a raised bed, fairy lights and a bottle of bubbly! There are also Lux tents, fitted with outdoor furnishings, braai equipment, cutlery, crockery, a toaster and a kettle.
And if you like the idea of a floating jetty, that’s also an option! Made from upcycled wood and luxuriously decorated, they provide shade and a perch from which to watch the festival unfold, and can be shared between groups of between six and eight people.
Be sure to book your spot to join one of the summer’s premium festival experiences, Lilo River Flow tends to sell out before the event. The basic package (a festival pass and four nights’ accommodation) costs R1 175 (if you catch the early-bird deal) while the more expensive packages range from R1 875 to R20 850 for group bookings.
Good to know
- You can bring your own camping gear.
- There will be phone-charging stations.
- Children and pets are not permitted.
Wolfkop Camping Villages
083 260 4822