Ethically sourced seafood is at the heart of this local business.
Ah, seafood. Nature’s ultimate fast food, and a nautical gateway to finger-licking deliciousness.
While lockdown restrictions – and the chilly weather – might have put a pin in laidback lunches by the sea, with bounteous seafood platters and flowing vino, there’s no reason we can’t replicate the experience at home. With Cape Fish, a local fish supplier, you can have all your seafood favourites delivered to your door – or collect from the Cape Fish Retail Store in Paarden Eiland.
Renowned for high-quality, ethically sourced seafood, Cape Fish’s wide array of fresh and frozen seafood, fish and related products is crammed with nutrients. So, no matter how you prepare yours, you’re guaranteed a delicious meal packed with omega oils and other good stuff – which is one of the main reasons we can’t get enough of seafood feasts. Winner winner (seafood) dinner!
What’s on offer
The easy-to-navigate online store features an extensive selection of items (that already have us salivating), available for delivery or collection from Cape Fish’s Retail Store in Paarden Eiland.
From deluxe seafood showstoppers, such as scallops and langoustines, to convenient and delicious at-home box meals like paella and fan favourite, fresh yellowfin tuna, there’s sure to be something to suit all seafood tastes and occasions.
Heat & Eat + Packs and Combos
- paella box (paella rice, a cuttlefish ink sachet, 900 grams frozen mussels, 500 grams frozen calamari and 700 grams Argentinian prawns)
- Cape Fish Hake Florentine (succulent hake on a bed of spinach, topped with a rich creamy cheese sauce)
- DIY sushi kit (nori paper, rice, rolling mat, ginger, wasabi and soy sauce)
- langoustine feast (a box of large langoustines and a free Delagoa sauce of your choice)
- The Poké Co DIY tuna poké kit (sushi rice, shoyu dressing, creamy togarashi dressing, sesame seeds, togarashi spice, shredded nori, chopsticks & frozen fish of choice)
- The Poké Co DIY salmon poké kit (sushi rice, shoyu dressing, creamy togarashi dressing, sesame seeds, togarashi spice, shredded nori, chopsticks & frozen fish of choice)
Deluxe seafood showstoppers
- langoustines (1.5kg)
- Madagascan wild-caught tiger prawns
- wild hand-dived scallops (from the east coast of America)
- yellowfin tuna sashimi block (hand-selected from only the finest clean-cut tuna loins)
- South African cold-water rock lobster tails (fresh from the depths of the mighty Southern ocean)
Fresh + frozen favourites
- frozen sashimi block
- fresh or frozen yellowfin tuna
- fresh or frozen swordfish
- fresh or frozen salmon
- hot and cold smoked salmon
- fresh or frozen kingklip
- fresh or frozen West Coast mussels
- fresh oysters
- fresh mackerel
- fresh hake
- frozen sole
- frozen calamari
- frozen Argentinian prawns
Delicious dressings + sides
- The Poké Co’s range of custom-blended sauces (creamy togarashi, creamy wasabi and house ponzu)
- Funky Ouma’s famous local braai salts
- Delagoa Bay piri-piri sauce
- pickled ginger, soy sauce and wasabi
- paella rice
Good to know Keep an eye out for recommended products, promotions and recipe ideas on Cape Fish’s Instagram page before ordering. You can also place an order for collection at their retail store in Paarden Eiland, where all recommended health and safety guidelines are followed.
Want to know what else is happening in Cape Town? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and be the first to know.