Spectacular scenery and unadulterated luxury await at this enchanting eco-reserve in the Overberg.
Less than two hours from Cape Town, Grootbos Private Nature Reserve is a sacred haven where endless nature and (unpretentious five-star) luxury converge. Set in an ancient milkwood forest, surrounded by fields of fynbos, with views across Walker Bay, the reserve’s regenerative approach to tourism (and its community) is what sets it apart, and gives it an authenticity and depth that lingers long after the initial seduction has faded.
With a string of adventures on your doorstep – complemented by faultlessly five-star accommodation and superb service – Grootbos is an appealing destination for nature lovers, outdoor enthusiasts, gourmet travellers and young families alike.
Secret Season at Grootbos
The months between May and August are known as Secret Season at Grrotbos: a special time of year when southern right whales return to Walker Bay and the fields are awash in a magical blanket of colour as Erica irregularis starts to bloom.
It’s also an opportunity for South African residents to enjoy an all-inclusive stay for R3 950 per person sharing per night (up to 55% off the normal rate).
Your all-inclusive stay includes:
- accommodation in freestanding luxury suite at Forest Lodge
- 50% off spa treatments
- bottle of Grootbos The Last Shiraz
- welcome drink on arrival
- water, soft drinks, tea and coffee, minibar
- fresh fruit daily, served in-suite
- breakfast buffet with full English breakfast menu
- three-course lunch
- five-course dinner
- horse riding for beginners and experienced riders through the reserve
- guided walks including fynbos nature tours and Milkwood walks
- nature, marine and coastal drives and walks including the Walker Bay Nature Reserve, De Kelders cliff walk, and Klipgat Cave
- transfers to and from all activities
Valid until 31 August 2021
Cost R3 950 per person per night sharing (all-inclusive)
R1 975 per child per night (between 10 to 16 years)
Free (children under 9 years)
A stay at this family-friendly lodge includes luxury accommodation in a freestanding suite, breakfast lunch and dinner served in a view-drenched dining area, world-class service and hospitality, and an array of immersive nature-based experiences.
- 16 luxury free-standing suites with fireplaces
- private forest walkways
- sweeping fynbos, forest, and ocean views
- restaurant, lounge, boma, and barista bar
- beauty salon and library
- infinity pool
- kids activity room
With so many unique and enriching ways to explore and experience the spectacular surroundings, Grootbos is truly one of those otherworldly places where real-life magic happens…
Distance from CT 2 hours
Child friendly? Yes
Pet friendly? No
Where to find it R43, Gansbaai, Western Cape
Discover all of the Cape’s hidden gems – subscribe to our weekly newsletter.