A sophisticated and decidedly decadent high tea in the Winelands.
High tea is one of those deliciously decadent affairs that magically transports you to a bygone era (or even just away from your daily grind). Add in an enchanting Winelands setting, with a manor house steeped in history, and you have a teatime experience you won’t soon forget. Which is where Anthonij Rupert Wine Estate comes in…
Served in a beautiful country manor house overlooking beautifully manicured lawns, the high tea experience at Anthonij Rupert feels like you’ve stepped into an episode of Bridgerton. Of course, the awe-inspiring mountain views – and warm South African hospitality – will remind you that you’re right here in the Western Cape (Franschhoek, to be precise) which is a pretty fine place to be, actually.
High tea is always a spectacular affair. Served on a tiered stand covered in enticing creations, the tea menu includes:
- mini carrot cake roll with cream cheese filling and sugar paste flowers
- tonka bean flan
- floralie chocolate bar with almond sponge cake, passion fruit chocolate cremeux and whipped coconut ganache
- cherry dulcey éclair with cherry compote
- salmon frittata with herb crème fraîche and red lumpfish caviar
- mini venison pies
- Fontina and sundried tomato madeleines
Each high tea includes your choice of drink, either Premier Cru tea, or an artisanal coffee or a glass of L’Ormarins Brut NV (when the alcohol ban is lifted).
Cost R250 per person (minimum of 4 guests per booking)
Want to know what else is happening in Cape Town? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and be the first to know.