Flights of fancy.
Do you crave the kind of swashbuckling adventures seen in Indiana Jones and James Bond movies? Then the Ceres Zipline is for you. These adrenaline-pumping tours over majestic rivers and rugged rock formations in the Ceres Valley will give adventure-seekers the rush they desire.
Foefie slide ahoy!
The Ceres Zipline consists of eight slides varying from 100 to 290 metres in length. The state-of-the-art equipment includes a full-body harness, and throughout the adventure two fully trained guides are on-hand to ensure your safety.
The ride is suitable for children as young as three, though they must be accompanied by a guardian. Of course, it depends on whether your child is comfortable with heights (the zipslide reaches a maximum height of 40 metres above ground level).
Each tour includes:
- Transport from the Ceres Zipslide office to the on-site location in the Schurweberg Mountains, below the Koekedouw Dam (and back again)
- Safety equipment
- A drink during and after the tour
Participants are advised to bring:
- Long or short pants (no dresses or skirts)
- Comfortable flat sole shoes
- Elastic band to tie up long hair
- Sunblock in sunny weather
- Warm clothing in winter
It’s hard to beat the views of Ceres’ and the surrounding valley that you’ll get from this vantage point, as well as the exhilarating feeling of wind beneath your wings. So strap up and get ready to soar!
Good to know Hire a Go-Pro to record your adventure (costs an additional R150)