This historic hotel, synonymous with its scrumptious and sumptuous afternoon high tea fit for royalty, is now delivering. All frills included!
Leisurely, luscious and decidedly luxurious, afternoon tea at the Mount Nelson is usually taken in the sumptuous indoor lounge, where an impressive spread of sweet and savoury treats and a symphony of soothing piano tunes beckons.
Although the majestic hotel is currently closed to guests, its famed teatime ritual can still be enjoyed – in the comfort of our own living rooms – with all the accoutrements that this legendary pastime is known for. That’s right, The Mount Nelson’s heavenly afternoon tea is now available for delivery to your door.
Afternoon tea at home
Specially prepared by chefs Rudi Liebenberg and Craig Hibbert, each at-home afternoon tea delivery includes a selection of sweet and savoury items, complemented by two aromatic loose-leaf teas.
You’ll even have the accompanying music: a Spotify playlist created by resident Belmond Mount Nelson pianist, Henri Dyke. And, should you wish to feel even more ensconced in the lounge, you can watch a video of Henri playing his exclusive afternoon set at a classic Belmond Mount Nelson afternoon tea.
What’s on offer
- mushroom empanada
- pasture-reared roast beef roll with tomato chutney
- finger sandwiches with egg mayonnaise; watercress; cucumber and smoked trout
- curried chicken pie
- spinach and feta quiche
- chocolate éclair
- milk tart
- opera cake
- citrus delice
- pecan-nut tart with passion fruit and cocoa-nib tuile
- scones with homemade strawberry jam and cream
Loose-leaf tea selection
- Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel Blend (six international teas flavoured with pink roses)
- Orange and Spice (rooibos flavoured with spicy cinnamon, cardamom, cloves vanilla and orange)
- cheesecake R445
- chocolate mousse cake R645
- small celebration cake R335
Good to know A meal donation will be made to the Ekstreem Kwizeen Soup Kitchen for every afternoon tea ordered.
Does your restaurant offer a unique delivery service? We and our readers would love to know about it. Get in touch with us at email@example.com