The Oranjezicht City Farm Market (OZCF) has moved to the Granger Bay section of the V&A Waterfront. Stock up on your weekly food shopping from the dozens of artisanal food producers’ and local farmers’ stalls. One of OZCF’s aims is to allow community members (that’s you and I) to contribute towards a sustainable alternative food system.
Expect to purchase fresh-from-the-patch veggies and herbs, fruit, bread, organic dairy products, free-range eggs, raw honey, muesli, and ethically sourced meats and seafood. You can also buy edible plants and seedlings, compost and gardening supplies. And, in addition to fresh produce, artisanal food traders serve deliciously prepared breakfast and lunch offerings as well as tea, coffee, juices and smoothies.
The kids can be kept busy with storytelling, planting, crafts and yoga, and dogs are welcome as long as they are kept on a short leash by owners.
Stand-out stalls include:
- The OZCF’s fresh veg, fruit and herbs tent
- Spades & Spoons’s vegan and raw prepared food
- Delifish smoked fish and snoek pate
- Woodstock Bakery’s sourdough breads
- grass-fed, free-range, pasture-raised meat, artisanal sausages and quality cured meats at Son of a Butcher Cure Deli
- Around Cheese’s Karoo Crumble and other artisanal cheeses