Housed in sturdy, super-cosy marquees, and surrounded by picturesque vineyards and trees, this Stellenbosch market offers live entertainment, craft and homeware stalls perfect for leisurely browsing, as well as an awesome selection of edible and drinkable treats.
Rain or shine
Thanks to the shelter provided by the marquees, this market is open for trading every Saturday and Sunday regardless of the weather.
It’s also one of the most child-friendly markets around, boasting an array of children’s entertainment and activities including World of Adventure (indoor and outdoor jungle gyms, mini-golf and more); and the popular Parkrun (only on Saturdays), during which participants can work up an appetite.
Stand-out stalls and offerings include:
- Belgian Waffle Kitchen for waffles with ice cream topped with chocolate sauce or syrup
- The Mussel Monger for fresh oysters and mussels
- The Pickled Poppers for jalapeño poppers and tacos
- Earth Fire Pizza
- Heavenly Hamburgers
- great coffee from Genesis and Lingo
- hand-made jewellery from Amethyst
- locally made clothing at Blood Orange Clothing
So head on over to the Root 44 market, for a family-friendly day out in Stellenbosch.