The silence and solitude of the sand dunes speaks to the spirit in much the same way as the ocean does – the only difference is that when you’re learning to sandboard, there’s no chance of accidentally ingesting gallons of saltwater in the process! Sandboarding is one of those readily available and easily accessible activities – with just a little instruction, you’ll be out riding the dunes in no time.
This four-hour sandboarding experience takes place at the gigantic sand pit that is the Atlantis Dunes Field. Located just 40 kilometres outside of Cape Town, the vast and pristine landscape (literally an endless beach) is a popular spot for sandboarding, quad-biking and 4×4 driving.
Included in the rate:
- Entrance fees for Atlantis Dunes
- The services of professional instructors
- A basic tutorial on sandboarding
- Light snacks and refreshments
- Transport from your accommodation (provided it is centrally located) to the dunes and back again (in an air-conditioned minivan)
- All necessary equipment
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking (subject to availability)
- If you are booking within 24 hours of the tour departure time, hotel pick-up cannot be guaranteed
- If weather conditions are not suitable for sandboarding, you will be offered a choice between an alternative date or a refund
- Minimum age requirement is 8 years