This one-stop destination of all things aquatic is a visual treat for the whole family.
Home to over 8 000 living sea animals, which visitors can view in numerous inspirational exhibits and experiences, this one-stop destination of all things aquatic is, unsurprisingly, one of Cape Town’s premier tourist destinations. And from now until end-March 2023, there are some wonderful afternoon deals to be had!
Enjoy the sea after 3pm!
From now until 31 March 2023, enjoy the following deals at Two Oceans Aquarium:
- An afternoon discount of up to 25% off of the regular ticket price) if you buy your ticket at the ticket office after 3pm for use on the same day.
What’s on at Two Oceans Aquarium?
- The 10-metre-long transparent tunnel through the I&J Ocean Exhibit, a massive tank holding around 1.6 million litres of seawater where sea turtles, stingrays and other creatures dwell.
- The ragged-tooth sharks at the Save Our Seas Foundation Shark Exhibit (because which kid isn’t fascinated by sharks?).
- The Kelp Forest Exhibit, one of only a handful of its kind in the world, is the jewel in the crown of the Two Oceans Aquarium’s commitment to showcasing the biodiversity of South Africa’s underwater world.
- The Penguin Exhibit, where a colony of African penguins, as well as some rescued rockhopper penguins, make their home – along with some other marine birds and a small selection of freshwater fish.
- The Touch Pool and Microscope Exhibit, where children can get up close with sea life, and use the microscope to see minuscule forms of marine life that are invisible to the naked eye.
- The Diversity Gallery, where the meeting of two mighty oceans – and the magnificent array of life that arises – is showcased. Here, you’ll witness the difference between the kinds of creatures that thrive in the colder Atlantic Ocean, such as the translucent jellies and octopus; and the more tropical denizens of the warmer Indian Ocean, such as the Aquarium’s very own Nemo (western clownfish).
- The Two Oceans Aquarium Dive School offers Adventure Diving and PADI Diving Courses for all shapes, sizes and experience levels. On offer for kids as young as 12 (with an accompanying adult), this is a safe and exciting way to experience the ocean’s wonders and, as any diver will tell you, marine life is even more magnificent on the other side of the window.
Become a member
If you have a predilection for all things piscine, it might be worth purchasing an annual membership. It costs R510, and allows you access to the Aquarium 365 days a year! You can buy your Two Oceans Aquarium Membership online, or at the Aquarium, where you will receive your membership card and kit. Membership benefits include:
- unlimited access!
- no queues
- 10% off at the Aquarium shop
- 10% off at selected food outlets in the Aquarium
- 25% off Penguin Experiences
- 25% off selected Diving Experiences
- special rates for au pairs/nannies
- free seawater for home aquarists
- exclusive discounts for public events
- members’-only events
Membership rates (valid until 31 March 2023)
R395 (SA pensioners, SA students, children 14 – 17 years)
R250 (children 4 – 13 years)
Want to know what else is happening in Cape Town? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and be the first to know.