With live ocean exhibitions and a Touch Pool (where kids can get up close with sea anemones), this one-stop destination of all things aquatic is, unsurprisingly, one of Cape Town’s premier tourist destinations. The world-class aquarium has over 3,000 species on display, and standout exhibits include the Predator Exhibit (sharks!), the rockhopper penguin colony, and the underwater tunnel.
Become a Member
If you’re a local, you qualify for an annual membership that allows you unlimited free entry to the aquarium for the year.
Other membership benefits include:
- Invitations to exhibition previews and other special events, such as a behind-the-scenes tour of the aquarium
- No queues
- Yacht trips, and family sleepovers
- 10% at the Aquarium shop, and selected food outlets at the Aquarium
- 25% discount to hire the venue for private functions
- 25% discount off penguin encounters
- 25% off adventure diving in the I&J Predator Exhibit
- Free sea water for home aquarists
- Special rates for au pairs/nannies
You can buy your Two Oceans Aquarium Membership online, or at the Aquarium, where you will receive your membership card and kit.