Silverscreen favourites in the Winelands.
Boschendal is the quintessential Winelands destination, offering a slew of pleasurable pursuits that include wining and dining, luxury country accommodation, a farm shop and deli, outdoor adventures and – perhaps, most importantly – loads of space where children can roam free while parents attend to the very important business of sipping wine.
The estate’s latest addition – a drive-in cinema on Saturday evenings – means you can literally arrive at the estate at dawn and leave after the sun has set.
Movie lineup at Boschendal
Screenings take place on The Werf Helicopter Pad and begin at 8.15pm (gates open at 6pm). Sit back, relax and enjoy the latest live-action versions of Disney classics, while snacking on a selection of farm treats from the various market-style food stalls on offer. Popcorn, slush puppies, Angus Beef burgers, wine, gin cocktails and other Farm Shop treats will be available on the night.
|Saturday, 20 March 2021||The Lion King (2019)||The Werf Helicopter Pad||Book Now|
|Saturday, 27 March 2021||Aladdin (2019)||The Werf Helicopter Pad||Book Now|
|Saturday, 3 April 2021||Slumdog Millionaire||The Werf Helicopter Pad||Book Now|
|Saturday, 10 April 2021||The Greatest Showman||The Werf Helicopter Pad||Book Now|
|Saturday, 17 April 2021||The Avengers||The Werf Helicopter Pad||Book Now|
|Saturday, 24 April 2021||Beauty and the Beast (2017)||The Werf Helicopter Pad||Book Now|
|Saturday, 1 May 2021||A Star is Born||The Werf Helicopter Pad||Book Now|
|Saturday, 8 May 2021||Erin Brockovich||The Werf Helicopter Pad||Book Now|
While you’re there…
With its ancient oaks, foresty expanses of untamed gardens and dramatic mountain and vineyard vistas, Boschendal is, not surprisingly, one of our favourite Winelands destinations. In addition to the drive-in, there is loads to do:
- Picnic in the Rhone rose garden
- The Werf for a casual farm-to-table small-plates feast with floor-to-ceiling vistas of the massive vegetable and herb garden
- The Deli for sandwiches and burgers at outside chairs and tables
- The Cellar Door, under the oaks, for wine tasting on weekends and public holidays
- The Tree House for kids between 5 and 14 years
- The newly renovated Farm Shop and Butchery is packed to the rafters with freshly baked goods, condiments and preserves, wholesome readymade meals and a curated selection of bespoke homeware
- Mountain-biking trails, farm hikes or horse-riding experiences
- Farm Cottages with stunning views for a relaxing Winelands stay
Good to know
- Screenings are weather dependent, so check if the movie is showing before you set out.
- Covid regulations such as mask-wearing and temperature-screening will be enforced.
- No cash payments will be accepted, only card payments and Zapper and Snapscan.
- Booking is essential.
See you on the helipad!
Want to know what else is happening in Cape Town? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and be the first to know.