This feted stud and wine farm, with its waterside restaurant, is offering heavenly three-course dinners and indoor picnics for enjoyment at home.
Located in the Helderberg’s magnificent Cape Floral Kingdom, Cavalli (Italian for horses) is not merely famous for its magnificent livestock; it’s also regarded among foodies and scenery-seekers as a top-drawer wining-and-dining destination.
The restaurant is headed by chef Michael Deg, who is passionate about cooking with the seasons and letting the integrity of the ingredients shine. Michael loves cooking for vegans and vegetarians and draws inspiration from Cavalli’s own heirloom vegetable garden, creating an array of delectable dishes that are now available for delivery.
Chef Michael’s delivery menu features a delicious three-course dinner (complete with a bread course, starters, mains, vegetable sides and desserts) or a flavour-packed indoor picnic – each prepared using fresh, whole foods.
- warm potato bread with fermented black garlic butter and smoked salt
- free-range Lazena Farms chicken liver parfait with sesame lavash
- slow-cooked acorn-fed Oak Valley pork belly with pomme purée, fermented cabbage and apple sauce
- estate garden roasted vegetable and pumpkin-seed salad with mustard dressing
- baked lemon tart and berry compote
Cost R220 per person (same-day delivery for orders placed and settled before 2pm)
- herbed flatbread; sesame lavash; potato bread; and smoked chilli butter
- six-month aged boerenkaas and preserved ginger
- a selection of Wild Peacock charcuterie, pickles and estate olives
- hake pâté and pickled cucumber
- estate garden salad leaves; roasted onion; fynbos vinaigrette
- smoked free-range Lazena Farms chicken breast and curry aioli
- “Mr Cheesecake” cheesecake with a buttered honey crust
- lavender toffees
Cost R440 for two people (next-day delivery for orders placed and settled before 2pm)
- six dozen potato bread rolls R50
- miso aioli (250ml) R50
- roasted garlic and lemon hummus (250ml) R50
- selection of fresh herbs form the organic garden (chives, parsley, thyme, rosemary, mint, bay leaves, coriander, lemongrass) R50
- fiery smoked chilli sauce (250ml) R50
- freshly harvested seasonal Cavalli organic garden vegetables R50
- lemon curd made with estate-grown lemons (250ml) R50
- bag of toffees R50
- Cavalli garden herb pesto (250ml) R80
- roasted sweet peppers dressed in extra-virgin olive oil and toasted fennel seeds (250ml) R80
- berry compote (250ml) R80
Good to know A vegetarian option is available for the dinner and indoor picnic, for R200 per person.
Delivery to Stellenbosch, Somerset West and Cape Town.
Delivery fee Free delivery within a 10km radius of Cavalli.
An additional R50 delivery charge will apply for each additional 5km.
Free delivery in Cape Town on Fridays.
Does your restaurant offer delivery during lockdown? We and our readers would love to know about it. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org