An Italian-style dining experience, sure to feel just like a trip to the Tuscan countryside, awaits visitors at this illustrious wine farm in Franschhoek.
Lovers of “the sweet life” will be treated to a special menu of seasonally inspired dishes accompanied by a selection of world-class estate-produced wines, under the olives trees, with views of Franschhoek’s vineyards and mountains. The perfect way to spend a relaxed summer afternoon.
What’s on the menu?
A choice between vegetarian, seafood and meat antipasti is available. Or opt for a cheese and charcuterie platter. Here’s a peek at what you can expect:
- crunchy spring salad with ricotta crostini (for vegetarians)
- smoked Franschhoek trout salad, with fennel, apple and golden beetroot, drizzled with honey-and-apple-cider vinaigrette
- homemade salsiccia (Italian sausage)
- bresaola (aged and salted beef), made from estate-raised Black Angus beef
- dessert of the day
If you only have time for a quick stop, there’s also an Italian cheese-and-wine pairing, which can be booked here.
Pre-booking is essential to enjoy this Italian-inspired experience. You can book your place by contacting the estate at the details provided.
While you’re there…
This scenic estate is home to a wonderful selection of things to do in Franschhoek. An all-in-one voucher for R650 grants access to a host of attractions, which includes wine-tastings, an antipasti lunch, a visit to the Franschhoek Motor Museum, and a tram ride. Or, you can pick and choose the ones you prefer from the list below:
- Franschhoek Motor Museum, where an immaculate display of 80 vintage cars awaits.
- wine-tasting at the Anthonij Rupert Tasting Room
- a tram ride around the estate, which offers picturesque views of the vineyards and surrounding Franschhoek Wine Valley.
Sounds like a perfect outing in Franschhoek to us!
Uncover the hidden gems of the Cape by subscribing to our weekly newsletter.