This scenic estate offers a host of attractions, all of which can be enjoyed with a single voucher.
The illustrious L’Ormarins Estate, which dates back to 1694, is where Anthonij Rupert Wines produces award-winning vintages. But fine wine is not the only reason to visit this scenic estate. Attractions (extended to the neighbouring Anthonij Rupert estate), include a host of food, wine and cultural experiences that showcase the estates’ spectacular scenery and cultural heritage – all of which can be enjoyed with an Estate Voucher Package.
The all-in-one package of vouchers costs R650 and includes:
- Wine tasting at Terra del Capo Tasting room (Protea or Terra del Capo wines)
- Antipasti Lunch (the menu changes seasonally)
- Premium Wine-Tasting at the Anthonij Rupert Tasting Room
- A visit to the Franschhoek Motor Museum where an immaculate display of 80 vintage cars awaits
- Tram Ride around the estate, taking in the picturesque views of the vineyards and surrounding Franschhoek Wine Valley
Package vouchers should be booked in advance, or purchased at the estate by appointment only. Visitors begin their journey at the Anthonij Rupert tasting room, and then hand in a voucher at each point. You’re welcome to spend as much time as you’d like at each attraction. The estate’s complimentary tram service will transport you between stops.
Sounds like a perfect outing in Franschhoek.
- You will require at least four hours to be able to enjoy all the facets of this itinerary.
- The tours are available from Tuesday to Sunday (closed on Good Friday and Christmas day).
Want to know what else is happening in Cape Town? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and be the first to know.