The illustrious L’Ormarins Estate, which dates back to 1694, is where Anthonij Rupert Wines produces award-winning vintages. But fine vino is not the only reason to visit. Attractions (extended to the neighbouring Anthonij Rupert estate), include a host of food, wine and cultural experiences that showcase the estates’ spectacular scenery and cultural heritage – all of which can be enjoyed with an Estate Voucher Package.
The all-in-one package of vouchers costs R650, and includes:
- Wine tasting at Terra del Capo Tasting room (Protea or Terra del Capo wines)
- Antipasti Lunch (the menu changes seasonally)
- Premium Wine-Tasting at the Anthonij Rupert Tasting Room
- A visit to the Franschhoek Motor Museum where an immaculate display of 80 vintage cars awaits
- Tram Ride around the estate, taking in the picturesque views of the vineyards and surrounding Franschhoek Wine Valley
Package vouchers must be booked in advance, or purchased at the estate. Visitors begin their journey at the Anthonij Rupert tasting room, and then hand in a voucher at each point. You’re welcome to spend as much time as you’d like at each attraction. The estate’s complimentary tram service will transport you between stops.
Sounds like a perfect outing in Franschhoek.
- In order to make the most of the day, it is advised to spend a minimum of four hours on the tour.
- The tour is available from Tuesday to Sunday (closed on Good Friday and Christmas day)