Although the current lockdown restrictions might have put a pause on our weekend trips to the Winelands, there’s no reason you can’t enjoy a lazy farm-to-table lunch – in the comfort of home. “How?” you ask.
The Kraal Restaurant. That’s how. Located at Joostenberg Wine Estate in Stellenbosch, this country-style restaurant serves deliciously comforting, farm-fresh food prepared using locally sourced, organic produce – some of which comes from the farm itself!
Their famed Sunday lunches are now available for delivery, and will immediately transport you to afternoons spent with family and friends in the Stellenbosch Winelands.
Sunday feast at home
We’re talking a three-course set menu prepared by chef Lanri Marais that changes weekly, such as:
- starters olive and onion twist bread with tarragon butter; twicebaked cheese soufflé and poached pear and pecan nut salad
- mains Joostenberg-reared lamb slow-braised with thyme, garlic and chenin blanc; locally grown baby onions, baby carrots and beetroot; Mediterranean vegetable tian; potato and leek gratin
- dessert poached guava and panna cotta
You can add the following to your menu at an additional cost:
- slow-fermented sourdough bread R28
- cheese and onion twist bread R15
- jar of duck and pistachio terrine R90
- homemade tarragon vinegar bottle (200ml) R88
- coconut marshmallows (120g) R36
- date balls (120g) R36
- Almond financier (small French almond cake, six pieces) R45
- a bouquet of fresh Joostenberg flowers R90
Cost R225 per lunch (minimum order of two lunches per household)
Delivery to Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl, Franschhoek and Durbanville
Please note Orders must be made before 3pm on Friday, for delivery on Sunday between 10am and 12pm
Do you offer an essential service in the Cape? We and our 350 000 readers would love to know about it. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org