Have dinner at your place, courtesy of this French bistro just outside Stellenbosch that delivers delectable French-style meals to your home.
This Friday night we’re going French. Why? Because The Vine Bistro at Glenelly is delivering! And we feel like staying in! Fortunately for us, the team at this picture-perfect dining destination just outside Stellenbosch is happy to take the slog work out of Friday nights by preparing and delivering meals for us to enjoy in the comfort of our homes.
French dining at home
Head chef Alex Rykaart and chef-patron Christophe Dehosse have created an ever-changing menu of heavenly dishes made from the best seasonal produce and local ingredients.
Menu for Friday, 2 October 2020
- baguette, garden-herb butter and chicken liver parfait
- Bouillabaisse du Cap: traditional Provençal fish soup with fresh seafood, served with a rouille sauce and croutons
- Roux brothers’ classic lemon tart
You can also add the following to your order:
- slow-fermented sourdough bread R28
- baguette R15
- walnut and sultana loaf R28
- local artisanal cheese board with four cheeses, homemade ripe fig preserve and Melba toast R120
- Canelé Bordelais R15
- Valrhona 70% chocolate truffles (120g) R35
- Glenelly extra-virgin olive oil (500ml) R200
- a bouquet of mixed fresh, seasonal flowers R90
So, if you feel like an unforgettable French feast without having to lift a finger, may we suggest The Vine Bistro?
Cost R160 per person (a minimum of two dishes required for order)
Delivery to CBD, southern suburbs, northern suburbs, Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl, Franschhoek, Durbanville.
Please note Orders must be made before 3pm on Thursday, for delivery on Friday between 3pm and 6pm
Uncover the hidden gems of the Cape by subscribing to our weekly newsletter.