Feel the wind in your hair.
Mountains, oceans and white-sand beaches… Cape Town is famous for its natural beauty. There are many ways to experience the Mother City’s majesty, but few as unique as from the seat of a 1960s convertible, which is what the Cobra Experience is all about.
Choose your Cobra Experience
There is a range of Cobra experiences to choose from, depending on whether you’d like to get behind the wheel or be driven by a chauffeur – you can even choose the colour of your Cobra.
Self-driven Cobra experience
These typically begin at 9am, when you pick up your Cobra. Then, depending on which experience you’ve booked, you can return it four, eight or 24 hours later.
Not sure where to go? Cobra will provide you with an itinerary that can be loaded onto your smartphone or a GPS. The standard itinerary includes a scenic drive to Cape Point, a cruise along the coast with views of Scarborough beach, and a stop at Boulders to see the penguins.
Minimum age 23 years
- Self-drive full-day experience (R3 550)
- Self-drive 8-hour experience (R2 850)
- Self-drive 4-hour experience (R2 250)
- Self-drive 2-hour sundowner experience (R1 800)
If you’d prefer to be driven, all you need to do is decide on your destination and the duration of your ride from the options below:
- Chapmans Peak Drive a 90-minute tour of Cape Town’s famous mountain pass, with spectacular views of the deep blue Atlantic Ocean (R2 900)
- Three Icons tour a 45-minute tour of the colourful Bo-Kaap, the foothills of Table Mountain, and a stop at Signal Hill (R1 960)
- Guided Tour a 4-hour drive of the peninsula that starts in Bo Kaap and heads past Table Mountain and Lion’s Head, over Kloof Nek and towards the crystal waters of the Camps Bay and Llandudno coastline (R3 750)
Once you’ve decided on your experience, be sure to choose which colour Cobra you’d like: red with black stripes, black with silver stripes, blue with white stripes or white with red stripes.
Whatever tour or colour you choose, it’s sure to be a memorable experience, and a unique way to witness the natural beauty of the Mother City.
Discover all of the Cape’s hidden gems – subscribe to our weekly newsletter.