Since it launched in October 2014, the Lourensford Market continues to grow in popularity. Its layout is one of the nicest around – with food, craft and fashion stalls arranged in a horseshoe shape around a communal eating area, with plenty of shade and lovely views of the Hottentots Holland mountains.
The market underwent a big renovation in 2015, in order to provide more seating and to make the setting weather-proof. In spring (from September onwards), the market is open every Sunday morning and Friday evenings. With beautiful, award-winning gardens surrounding it, an interactive fountain and kids entertainment playground, there is little this market doesn’t have. It’s even dog-friendly!
Stand-out stalls include:
- Sunshine Foods’s stacked bunless vegan burgers
- Dr Juice’s fresh fruit and vegetable juices
- Tunisian Delight’s tapas
- Ghenwa’s Lebanese treats (paired with Lourensford’s award-winning wines)
- Corlie’s Italian (from gnocchi to arancini)
- Burger Devine’s winning burger combos with craft beer from Abru or cider from Eversons
The Lourensford Market is closed for winter, and returns on 1 September 2017. The Sunday Market is on every Sunday from 10am to 3pm; while the Twilight Market happens every Friday evening from 5pm to 9pm.