Since it launched in October 2014, the Lourensford Market continues to grow in popularity. Its layout is one of the nicest around – with food, craft and fashion stalls arranged in a horseshoe shape around a communal eating area, with plenty of shade and lovely views of the Hottentots Holland mountains.
The market underwent a big renovation in 2015, in order to provide more seating and to make the setting weather-proof. In spring (from September onwards), the market is open every Sunday morning and Friday evenings. With beautiful, award-winning gardens surrounding it, and a stall catering specifically for children (with fun activities such as face painting), there is little this market doesn’t have. It’s even dog-friendly!
Stand-out stalls include:
- Sunshine Foods’s stacked bunless vegan burgers
- Dr Juice’s fresh fruit and vegetable juices
- Tunisian Delight’s tapas
- Ghenwa’s Lebanese treats (paired with Lourensford’s award-winning wines)
- Corlie’s Italian (from gnocchi to arancini)
- Burger Devine’s winning burger combos with craft beer from Abru or cider from Eversons
Please note The Lourensford Market closes for its annual renovations during winter, which will be during July and August. The Twilight Markets will run until the 25 May 2018, and the Sunday Markets will run until the 24 June 2018. The market will also be closed on Good Friday (30 March). For all the latest event updates, please visit www.lfhm.co.za/events/