A ride up our famous cable car is possibly one of the very best ways to experience Cape Town, and yet it’s still on the bucket list of many Capetonians, who have yet to experience the thrill.
There’s no time like the present to take advantage of the wonderful specials (available only to South African citizens, so you’ll need your ID number when booking online, and your ID document when purchasing at the gate).
- The Sunset Special A 50% discount on a return afternoon ticket, meaning adults pay R137.50 per ticket and children pay R67.50 (tickets purchased can only be used from 6pm). This special is available from 4 January to 28 February 2018.
- Sundowner Package For R285 per person, receive private use of the wi-fi Lounge Balcony, which includes a food platter and a glass of wine on arrival. This special is valid until 28 February 2018.
- The Birthday Special A free return ride on the day of your birthday, and the week following it, for adults over 18. This ticket can be collected before 4.30pm and up to seven days after the day of your birthday. Visitors celebrating their birthdays during our annual maintenance period must collect their tickets one week prior to closing, or one week after opening.
- South African Senior Citizens Special Discounted tickets every Friday for over-60s: R100 return; R50 one-way. Also find out about the meal special from Table Mountain Café.
- Student Special Discounted tickets every Friday for local and international students – with a valid student card: R130 return; R70 one-way.
|Ticket Type||Time||Return||One Way||Book|
|Morning: Adults||8am – 1pm||R290||R150||Book Online|
|Morning: Kids (4–17years)||8am – 1pm||R140||R70||Book Online|
|Afternoon: Adults||1pm – 8.30pm||R275||R150||Book Online|
|Afternoon: Kids (4–17years)||1pm – 8.30pm||R135||R70||Book Online|
If you’re a fan of the cable car, and would love to ride it on a regular basis, you might be interested in buying a yearly cable card, which allows you to use the cableway everyday for a year from the date of purchase. You can visit as often as you like, but are limited to one return trip per day.
R640, adult cable card
R325 child cable card
R750 adult and child combo cable card
Good to know
- Children under four ride for free.
- SANParks Wild/ My Green Card holders enjoy a 20% discount (only available from the ticket office).
- Online tickets are valid for seven days from the chosen date (except early-access tickets), and can be refunded during this period.
- If you buy your tickets online, you will still need to queue at the entrance.
- Only online tickets bought at Webtickets, Cape Town Tourism and City Sightseeing South Africa will be accepted.
We recommend that you call the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway on the day you’d like to ride to make sure the weather is playing along. On days with strong winds, all trips are cancelled.