A ride up our famous cable car is possibly one of the very best ways to experience Cape Town, and yet it’s still on the bucket list of many Capetonians, who have yet to experience the thrill.
There’s no time like the present to take advantage of the wonderful specials listed below:
Ride as often you like for R640
Many locals complain of the steep fare charged to use the cableway. The good news is that Capetonians can now purchase a yearly cable card, which entitles us to use the cableway every day for a year from the date of purchase. You can visit as often as you like, but are limited to one return trip per day. Cost: R640, adults; R325 children; R750 adult and child combo.
Or, take advantage of these super specials
Please note: Specials only apply to South African citizens, so you’ll need your ID number when booking online, and your ID document when purchasing at the gate.
- Kidz Season Two children under 18 receive a free ride for every adult return ticket purchased. This special runs from 27 April 2018 until 24 September 2018.
- Sundowner Package For R285 per person, receive private use of the wi-fi Lounge Balcony, which includes a food platter and a glass of wine on arrival. This special is valid until 28 February 2018.
- The Birthday Special A free return ride on the day of your birthday, and the week following it, for adults over 18. This ticket can be collected before 4.30pm and up to seven days after the day of your birthday. Visitors celebrating their birthdays during our annual maintenance period must collect their tickets one week prior to closing, or one week after opening.
- South African Senior Citizens Special Discounted tickets every Friday for over-60s: R100 return; R50 one-way. Also find out about the meal special from Table Mountain Café.
- Student Special Discounted tickets every Friday for local and international students – with a valid student card: R130 return; R70 one-way.
|Ticket Type||Time||Return||One Way|
|Morning: Adults||8am – 1pm||R290||R150|
|Morning: Kids (4–17years)||8am – 1pm||R140||R70|
|Afternoon: Adults||1pm – 8.30pm||R275||R150|
|Afternoon: Kids (4–17years)||1pm – 8.30pm||R135||R70|
If you’re a fan of the cable car, and would love to ride it on a regular basis, you might be interested in buying a yearly cable card, which allows you to use the cableway everyday for a year from the date of purchase. You can visit as often as you like, but are limited to one return trip per day.
R640, adult cable card
R325 child cable card
R750 adult and child combo cable card
Good to know
- Children under four ride for free.
- SANParks Wild/ My Green Card holders enjoy a 20% discount (only available from the ticket office).
- Online tickets are valid for seven days from the chosen date (except early-access tickets), and can be refunded during this period.
- If you buy your tickets online, you will still need to queue at the entrance.
We recommend that you call the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway on the day you’d like to ride to make sure the weather is playing along. On days with strong winds, all trips are cancelled.