A ride up our famous cable car is possibly one of the very best ways to experience Cape Town, and yet it’s still on the bucket list of many Capetonians, who have yet to experience the thrill.
There’s no time like the present to take advantage of the wonderful specials listed below:
Ride as often you like for R750
Many locals complain of the steep fare charged to use the cableway. The good news is that Capetonians can now purchase a yearly cable card, which entitles us to use the cableway every day for a year from the date of purchase. You can visit as often as you like, but are limited to one return trip per day. Cost: R750, adults; R360 children; R850 adult and child combo (rates valid until 30 September 2019).
Or, take advantage of these super specials
Please note: Specials only apply to South African citizens, so you’ll need your ID number when booking online, and your ID document when purchasing at the gate.
- Kidz Season Two children under 18 receive a free ride for every adult return ticket purchased. This special runs until 30 September 2019.
- The Birthday Special A free return ride ticket for adults over 18, which can be used on the day of your birthday, or during the week following it. A valid ID is required to claim the ticket, which must be collected from the ticket office at the Lower Station before 4.30pm on the day of your birthday, or up to seven days thereafter. Visitors celebrating their birthdays during our annual maintenance period (8 July 2019 – 18 August 2019) can also claim the free return ticket, but they must collect it one week prior to closing, or one week after opening.
- South African Senior Citizens Special Discounted tickets every day for over-60s (a valid ID card is required): R100 return; R50 one-way (rates valid until 30 September 2019). Also find out about the meal special from Table Mountain Café. These tickets are not available online, and will need to be purchased from the ticket office at the Lower Station.
- Student Special Discounted tickets every day for local and international students – with a valid student card: R150 return; R80 one-way (rates valid until 30 September 2019). These tickets are not available online, and will need to be purchased from the ticket office at the Lower Station.
Rates valid until 30 September 2019
|Ticket Type||Time||Return||One Way|
|Morning: Adults||8am – 1pm||R330||R190|
|Morning: Kids (4–17years)||8am – 1pm||R165||R90|
|Afternoon: Adults||1pm – 8.30pm||R290||R190|
|Afternoon: Kids (4–17years)||1pm – 8.30pm||R145||R90|
If you’re a fan of the cable car, and would love to ride it on a regular basis, you might be interested in buying a yearly cable card, which allows you to use the cableway everyday for a year from the date of purchase. You can visit as often as you like, but are limited to one return trip per day.
R750, adult cable card
R360, child cable card
R850, adult and child combo cable card
Good to know
- Online tickets can be purchased and printed from any computer, or shown on-screen on a mobile device.
- SANParks Wild/ My Green Card holders enjoy a 20% discount (only available from the ticket office).
- Online tickets are valid for seven days from the chosen date (except early-access tickets), and can be refunded during this period.
- If you buy your tickets online, you will still need to queue at the entrance.
We recommend that you call the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway on the day you’d like to ride to make sure the weather is playing along. On days with strong winds, all trips are cancelled.
Important note The Table Mountain Cable Car will be closed for annual maintenance from 8 July 2019 to 18 August 2019.