A ride up our famous cable car is possibly one of the very best ways to behold Cape Town in all her majesty, and yet it’s still on the bucket list of many Capetonians, who have yet to experience the thrill.
There’s no time like the present to take advantage of the wonderful specials listed below:
Ride as often you like for R800 with the Cable Card
Many locals complain of the steep fare charged to use the cableway. The good news is that Capetonians can now purchase a yearly Cable Card, which entitles us to use the cableway every day for a year from the date of purchase. You can visit as often as you like, but are limited to one return trip per day.
Cost: R800, adults; R400 children; R1000 adult and child combo.
Or, take advantage of these super specials
Please note Specials only apply to South African citizens, so you’ll need your ID number when booking online, and your ID document when purchasing at the gate.
- The Birthday Special A free return ticket for South Africans (from four years and up), which can be used on the day of your birthday, or during the week following it. A valid ID or birth certificate (kids younger than 16) is required to claim the ticket, which must be collected from the ticket office at the Lower Station before 4.30pm on the day of your birthday, or up to seven days thereafter. Visitors celebrating their birthdays during our annual maintenance period (7 – 26 July 2020) can also claim the free return ticket, but they must collect it one week prior to closing, or one week after opening.
- South African Senior Citizens Special Discounted tickets every day for over-60s (a valid ID card is required): R100 return; R50 one-way. Also find out about the meal special at Table Mountain Café. These tickets are not available online, and will need to be purchased from the ticket office at the Lower Station.
- Student Special Discounted tickets every day for local and international students – with a valid student card: R180 return; R100 one-way. Also find out about the meal special at Table Mountain Café. These tickets are not available online, and will need to be purchased from the ticket office at the Lower Station.
- Sunset Special All locals are treated to half-price tickets in summer after 6pm (valid until 29 February 2020). A valid ID card is required to enjoy this special.
- Class in the Clouds Primary and high school learners are given the opportunity to learn about fauna and flora of Table Mountain while at the top of the mountain, for only R45 per learner. This special must be booked ahead of time and it is valid from March to end October 2020 (excludes weekends, public holidays and Table Mountain’s annual maintenance period). For bookings, please call Fiona Magobiane on 021 424 0015, or email email@example.com.
Rates valid until 30 September 2020
|Ticket Type||Time||Return||One Way|
|Morning: Adults||8am – 1pm||R360||R200|
|Morning: Kids (4–17 years)||8am – 1pm||R180||R100|
|Afternoon: Adults||1pm – 8.30pm||R300||R200|
|Afternoon: Kids (4–17 years)||1pm – 8.30pm||R150||R100|
Good to know
- Online tickets can be purchased and printed from any computer, or shown on-screen on a mobile device.
- SANParks Wild/ My Green Card holders enjoy a 20% discount (only available from the ticket office).
- Online tickets are valid for seven days from the chosen date (except early-access tickets), and can be refunded during this period.
- If you buy your tickets online, you will still need to queue at the entrance.
We recommend that you call the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway on the day you’d like to ride to make sure the weather is playing along. On days with strong winds, all trips are cancelled.
Important note The Table Mountain Cable Car will be closed for annual maintenance from 7 – 26 July 2020.