An exhilarating excursion into apple country.
Few things compare to the thrill of whizzing over a gaping canyon along a steel cable. It’s certainly not for everyone! If that sort of thing revs your motor, then head out to Grabouw for a weekend adventure where you get to soar over fynbos forests, majestic valleys and thundering waterfalls.
A zipline adventure in Grabouw
Based in the Hottentots Holland Nature Reserve, about an hour out of Cape Town, the tour kicks off with a 4×4 ride high into the mountains, where guests are supervised by professional guides and attached to cables that run from platform to platform.
The tours depart on the hour, and each takes around four and a half hours. There are 11 slides in total, some as long as 300 metres, and each ending on a platform built amid the fynbos and rugged mountain slopes. At one point, you’ll cross a suspension bridge that runs over a majestic double waterfall – all in a day’s work for rugged mountain adventurers.
Included in the tour package:
- the services of two professional guides
- fully guided mountain-top zipline tour
- 4×4 experience from the base camp to the location, and back again
- rain gear for wet weather
So if you’re ready for a high-flying adventure amid spectacular surroundings, this is one you won’t soon forget. Dress warmly, it gets nippy, up high.
- Online check-in and payment are encouraged to reduce contact.
- All guests and staff are screened and contact traced.
- Registration, safety briefings and kit-up will take place in a socially distanced environment.
- Social-distancing measures are in place, such as smaller group sizes.
- In addition to your mask, gloves are provided and guides also wear a mask.
- Use the provided sanitiser and wash your hands regularly.
- An open-sided 4×4 vehicle transports you to the first platform.
- The restaurant and coffeeshop services may be limited.
Good to know Transfers are available from Cape Town for specific time slots (add at online check-out).
Want to know what else is happening in Cape Town? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and be the first to know.