An exhilarating excursion into apple country.
Whizzing over a gaping canyon along a steel cable is not for the faint of heart. If it’s the sort of thing that revs your motor, then head out to Grabouw for a weekend adventure that involves soaring over forests, valleys and waterfalls.
A zipline adventure in Grabouw
Based in the Hottentots Holland Nature Reserve, about an hour out of Cape Town, the tour kicks off with a 4×4 ride high into the mountains, where guests are supervised by professional guides and attached to cables that run from platform to platform.
The tours depart on the hour, and each takes around four-and-a-half-hours. There are 11 slides in total, some as long as 300 metres, and each ending on a platform built amid the fynbos and craggy mountain slopes. At one point, you’ll cross a suspension bridge that runs over a majestic double waterfall – all in a day’s work for rugged mountain adventurers.
Included in the tour package:
- the services of two professional guides
- fully guided mountain-top zipline tour
- 4×4 experience from the base camp to the location, and back again
So if you’re ready for a high-flying adventure amid spectacular surroundings, this one’s for you. Dress warmly; it gets nippy up high.
An unforgettable gift
Looking to give someone a present they won’t soon forget? Buy a voucher for a ziplining experience in Elgin, redeemable any time.
- Online check-in and payment are encouraged to reduce contact.
- All guests and staff are screened and contact traced.
- Registration, safety briefings and kit-up will take place in a socially distanced environment.
- Social-distancing measures are in place, such as smaller group sizes.
- In addition to your mask, gloves are provided and guides also wear a mask.
- Use the provided sanitiser and wash your hands regularly.
- An open-sided 4×4 vehicle transports you to the first platform.
- The restaurant and coffeeshop services may be limited.
Good to know Transfers are available from Cape Town for specific time slots (add at online check-out).
Want to know what else is happening in Cape Town? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and be the first to know.