A hot deal at this five-star hotel on the Garden Route.
Perched on a rocky headland – overlooking a long stretch of unspoilt beach and fynbos-covered mountains – The Plettenberg is a grand five-star escape along the scenic Garden Route, where luxury lodgings, uninterrupted ocean views and superb dining experiences await. (It was ranked No. 2 in South Africa in Condé Nast Travelers 2020 Readers’ Choice Awards.)
Part of The Liz McGrath Collection (which includes The Cellars-Hohenort and The Marine Hotel), this seaside escape boasts 35 beautifully appointed rooms, two family-friendly luxury villas, a sparkling pool, stylish bar and a well-heeled restaurant. It’s the perfect Plett stay, with an undeniable X-factor.
Experience more for less with the hotel’s most recent special – three nights for the price of two until 19 December 2021 (subject to availability), complete with a drink on arrival, full English breakfast daily, complimentary minibar items and wifi.
The details Book three nights and only pay for two. Includes a drink on arrival, full English breakfast daily, complimentary minibar items and wifi.
Cost From R3 700 per room per night (depending on season and room type)
Distance from CT 6 hours (1.5 hours from George)
Child friendly? Yes
Pet friendly? Yes
Address 40 Church Street, Plettenberg Bay, Garden Route, Western Cape
CHECK AVAILABILITY + BOOK DIRECT
A choice of luxury units is available to suit various tastes and occasions, including two spacious family villas. The sophisticated, seaside-inspired decor echoes the location, and no matter which room you choose you’re guaranteed a wonderful stay.
- double rooms (no sea view), luxury double rooms (some with sea views), suites and premier suites (with step-out balconies and an open-plan lounge)
- two-bedroom Beach House Villa and three-bedroom Lookout Villa, each with a private swimming pool and deck
- flat-screen TV with select DStv channels
- drink on arrival
- select complimentary minibar items
- complimentary wifi
- fluffy bathrobes and luxury bathroom amenities
- tea- and coffee-making facilities
While you’re there
With everything you need right on your doorstep – not to mention a slew of bars, restaurants and shops in the village close by – it’s no wonder The Plettenberg is a top choice for those seeking to escape the city and head straight to the sea.
- inclusive daily breakfast at SeaFood restaurant
- cocktails, wines, bubbly and spirits at Sandbar
- Fresh Wellness Spa
- high tea in the Blue Room, Garden Room or on the restaurant terrace
- nearby beaches
- shops, restaurants and bars in town centre
Uncover all of the Cape’s hidden gems – subscribe to our weekly newsletter.