Hot half-price deals on a river in the Cederberg.
Hidden in the foothills of the Cederberg Mountains, overlooking the Olifants River, Wolfkop Private Nature Reserve is one of those immersive getaways where unplugging from the noise of the outside world is a given.
The reserve is currently running a series of accommodation specials – from mid-September and mid-November 2022 – that are simply too good to miss! How does a half-price midweek stay at one of the self-catering cottages or glamping villas sound? Or perhaps you’re after a 30% discount on the glamping units over the weekend? Either way, Wolfkop has you covered.
These pre-pitched tents on the banks of the Olifants River are connected to the water via wooden walkways. Each six-sleeper “villa” boasts its own four-poster floating jetty for easy access to the river below.
- Grootfontein, Berry Fields, Noordhoek and Middelpos villages each sleep eight
- Golden Valley Deluxe Village sleep six each (with the option to add two more) and have en-suite bathrooms
- stretch tent for shade, wind and rain protection, one bell tent with a king-size bed, two canvas tents with single beds (all with two foam mattresses and bedding provided)
- 2 large bean bags
- braai area with tables, chairs, fridge/freezer, cutlery, crockery, kettle and a stove
- electric lighting and power points
The details 50% off weekday and selected weekend stays until mid-November at selected campsites on a first-book-first-served basis. (Enquire about which weekends and campsites qualify for the 50% off.) 30% off weekend stays in any of the Glamping Villas.
Cost R4 400 per weekend for 6 (was R6 000)
R3 150 per two-night weekday stay for 6 (was R6 300)
Valid September 2022 – 13 November 2022
MAKE A RESERVATION
Aside from the stunning scenery and fields of flowers on your doorstep, the self-catering cottages offer a front-row seat to the beauty of the reserve. Keep your eyes peeled for the array of animal life, such as duikers, porcupine and tortoises – and, if you’re lucky, you may even spot a leopard skulking into the comfort of the surrounding caves.
- 5 private, spacious cottages
- each cottage features comfortable en-suite bedrooms
- fully equipped kitchen and open-plan living area with a fireplace
- glass doors lead onto a view-drenched balcony with a braai
- outside play area for children
- private Jacuzzi on each deck
- air conditioning
The details 50% off weekday stays in any of the cottages.
Cost R1 200 per night for 4 (was R2 400)
Valid until 31 May 2022
MAKE A RESERVATION
While you’re there
Led by a series of qualified and passionate field guides, the newly introduced slap-pack excursions include hiking, bodyboarding down the river, a fly-fishing course, 4×4 trails as well as tea, gin and wine tastings – ideal for couples, groups, families and friends.
There is also a network of scenic horse-riding trails in the area – a wonderful way of exploring the mountains and farmlands in the area. Feeling energetic? Hop in a kayak and meander down the river at your own pace.
Distance from CT 2 hours
Child friendly? Yes
Pet friendly? No
Where to find it Keerom Road, Citrusdal, Western Cape
Discover all of the Cape’s hidden gems – subscribe to our weekly newsletter.