A contemporary multipurpose foodie hub on Bree Street.
From Matt Manning, chef-patron of the wildly popular Grub & Vine bistro on Bree Street, this cool Chef’s Studio sits neatly on the second floor of the same building as his innercity restaurant and dedicated winebar, Culture.
UK-born Matt, who cut his teeth in Michelin-starred restaurants under the likes of Marcus Wareing and superstar celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay, conceived of the studio as a space to host interactive cooking classes, special events, end-of-year functions and celebrations.
In addition to a cooking space, there is a communal table for social dining as well as an elegant private dining room, where guests can enjoy their own custom-created experience in a stunning setting, while soaking up the ambience of the innercity pulse. It’s the perfect space for birthday parties, events, team buildings and corporate functions.
Ideal for any celebration – from birthdays and bachelorette bashes to end-of-year functions and corporate team-building – these interactive evenings kick off with canapés followed by a hands-on demo by Matt. During the evening, each guest will cook a starter and main course, while dessert is prepped by the pros and presented to the party as the ending to your multi-course meal. There are three options:
Du Jour includes a cooking demo, interactive hands-on cooking experience and a four-course meal.
Cost R750 per person
Prestige includes welcome bubbly, cooking demo and interactive hands-on cooking experience and a five-course menu with wine pairing.
Cost R1 250 per person
Gourmand includes welcome bubbly, a cooking demo and interactive hands-on cooking experience, a five-course menu with wine pairing, as well as a prize for the “best presented dish”, plus Chef’s Studio aprons to take home.
Cost R1 950 per person
- Best presented dish competition and prize (R250 per person)
- Chef’s Studio aprons to take home (R495 per person)
- Wine pairing (R600 per person)
When Monday – Saturday, 12pm + 6pm seatings
Corporate Culinary Events
These fun, high-octane team-building events are designed to break down barriers within companies, and stir up competitive team spirit in a nonthreatening environment. Cook up your own Christmas-themed menu or tear up the rule book and select from our seasonal menu suggestions.
The up-to-the-minute studio was recently revamped and features custom-built spaced-out workstations with slick yet hard-working Caesarstone surfaces and state-of-the-art cookware from Scanpan – all of which are frequently sanitised.
It’s a professional kitchen down to the last chef’s knife, but it’s also a stylish, contemporary space “that we just love to work in!” says Matt.
- Contact email@example.com for quotes and to reserve your group’s experience.
- Packages are available to book with a minimum 48-hours’ notice (subject to availability).
- A minimum of eight guests per event is required. A service charge of 12.5% is added to tables of eight or more.
- Set menus are provided prior to the date of the event. Dietary restrictions are accommodated with at least 24 hours notice.
- Beverages are available to purchase from our comprehensive drinks list.
- Payment is required in advance to confirm your booking. Your booking is confirmed once the confirmation mail is received.
- All children need to be supervised by an adult at all times.
Discover all of the Cape’s hidden gems – subscribe to our weekly newsletter.